CLAREMORE, OK COLLISION REPAIR | EASON COLLISION SPECIALIST
The price of gas keeps going up. Here are a few dos and dont's to help you save your hard-earned money while you save fuel.
- Do inspect your vehicle’s gas cap. A loose or damaged gas cap can cause your gas to vaporize.
- Do keep your tires properly inflated. When tires aren't inflated properly it can cost a mile or two per gallon.
- Do replace your vehicle’s spark plugs on a regular basis.
- Do replace your vehicle’s air filter on a regular basis. Replacing a dirty air filter can improve gas mileage by as much as 10 percent.
- Do observe the speed limit. Gas mileage rapidly decreases at speeds above 60 MPH.
- Do combining errands into one trip. One longer trip is better than several short trips.
- Don't be an aggressive driver. Aggressive driving can lower gas mileage by as much as 33 percent.
- Don’t let your vehicle warm up for more than a few minutes. Sitting idle gets zero miles per gallon.
- Don’t carry unneeded heavy items in your vehicle. An extra 100 pounds can cut fuel efficiency by a percent or two.