EASON COLLISION SPECIALIST | CLAREMORE, OK's SOURCE FOR QUALITY COLLISION REPAIR
Proper maintenance will save costly repairs and extend the life of your vehicle. Here are some mechanical tips that may save you time and money.
- Always consult your owner’s manual for recommended vehicle maintenance
- Have your oil changed per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/trans-axle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and tail lights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them approximately once a year or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked approximately every other oil change for clogging or damage.